I’ve got a lot of free time so
EVERY PERSON who reblogs this will get a gif that corresponds to their url in their submit thingy.
no, like, every person.
I WANT IT
i’d like to see you try, man
SHE DID IT
Its got over 117,000 notes. Let’s see if it works!
there’s something really interesting in this passage that I wanted to point out
Trelawney assumes that Harry was born in midwinter because of his “dark hair” and “mean stature” and “tragic losses so young in life”
Tom Riddle was born in midwinter, is describe in CoS as resembling Harry, and his mother died right after his birth
Harry has a piece of Voldemort’s soul in him
that’s why Trelawney made that assumption
TRELAWNY WAS ACTUALLY A GREAT SEER SHE JUST MESSED UP SOMETIMES AND ACTED A LITTLE GOOFY SO NO ONE TOOK HER SERIOUSLY
BECAUSE CLASSICAL ALLUSIONS
For those of you who don’t know your Greek mythology, Cassandra was the daughter of the King and Queen of Troy. Apollo tried to get in her pants by giving her the gift of prophecy and took nice guy douche-bagging to a godly level by cursing her when she turned him down.
The curse? That she would never be believed.
So all of Cassandra’s warnings to the people of Troy fell on deaf ears.
And in case you don’t remember, Trelawny mentions that her great-great-grandmother’s name was … you guessed it… “Cassandra”
And just to prove, if anyone ever doubted, that JKR is pretty awesome and knows her shit, Tom Riddle’s birthday is December 31, 1929. He’s a Capricorn. Saturn was in Capricorn at that time, so yes, Saturn was in power. Saturn actually is the planet that rules Capricorn. Trelawny legitimately confused Harry with Voldemort because she was reading the wrong part of his soul.
“But if you forget to reblog Madame Zeroni, you and your family will be cursed for always and eternity.”
not even risking that shit
"My name is Michael Hunter. I was diagnosed with leukemia in June 2013 & was told on June 11, 2014 that I only have a few months left to live if I can’t find a donor. Please help me with my biological family or a donor match! I was born in Columbus, OH 3/1/1985 at Doctor’s North Hospital and given the name Christopher Brown. Please share"
Michael is a friend, I’m asking that you all take the time to share this. He desperately needs a bone marrow donor and there is very limited number of African American donors. Without a donor Michael is going to die.
Michael was adopted and does not know his birth family. We know he has a half brother but have no information about him.
He does not specifically need an African American Donor but because of all of the things that factor into finding a match (blood type, dna tissue etc.) , someone of similar descent is more likely to be a closer match.
If anyone knows anything about Michael’s birth family or if you would like to see if you are a match, please privately message me. I can put you in touch with him and his caregivers directly!
We hope through spreading awareness we can either find his birth family whom he does not know or find a donor match. Michael lives in the Cincinnati, OH area. Please dont just like this or scroll past. Please share this! You could save his life!
BOOST. Its so hard for Black people to find donors.
If you do not reblog this, you are in fact lying.
Nicholas Lord, a Navy sailor since 2008 currently on active duty, is under investigation after threatening to rape a young woman who is a Navy recruit.
The young woman posted a photo of herself on Facebook, captioning it to say she’s proud of how she’s working hard to get in shape for the Navy, and she’s excited to be leaving soon. The photo was shared on the page for her Delayed Entry Program for her fellow Navy recruits.
Nicholas Lord, who is not a current recruit and who has been serving in the Navy since 2008, then commented:
You’ll end up pregnant real soon you fucking wh***. If I could and I knew you, I’d hold you down and rape you.
The next day, Lord gloated about his threat on his Facebook page, updating his status to say he’d been “trolling feminist pages.” In case it needs to be said, the Facebook page for a Navy program is not a “feminist page.” It’s a Navy recruiting page. (x) (x)
I don’t know what the Navy’s punishment system is like, but I hope he gets the worst possible. I hope they investigate his past history in the military, too. If he’s bold enough to outright threaten female recruits, under his own name, on public, Navy-run social media, I seriously doubt he hasn’t harassed and threatened female sailors. He may even have raped them.
Especially given the military’s problem with letting men get away with harassment and rape, they need to severely punish him.
Send it viral, and he will see ramifications.
If you only reblog one thing today I hope it’s this.
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Reblog this!! This can save somebody’s life!
do not scroll down.
Alrighty, guys! After the success of the fundraiser/raffle that I did for my surgery, I’m finally able to pay it forward! The Color Me Rad 5k contacted me about wanting to sponsor a giveaway on my blog - so of course I had to say yes! They also let me choose a charity to raise money for, and I chose the Wright Way Rescue, which is the rescue that my boyfriend and I adopted our dog Fozzi from! This is going to be a pretty amazing fundraiser for a pretty amazing cause. I’m hoping to raise at least $5000, if not more! All the proceeds will go directly to the Wright Way Rescue, minus around $800-$1000 to purchase the prizes for the giveaway that the Color Me Rad 5k is not supplying. You can speak to two of my previous giveaway winners here and here, this is not fake or a scam! I always make good on my giveaways!Color Me Rad is a 5K that fires off in a blaze of color bombs, color cannons, color mortars, and multi-toned courses that guarantee your outlook will be brighter, your boyfriend will be more affectionate, your boss will finally remember your name, the hair on your head will grow back and the hair on your back will fall out, and your gray outlook will turn green like a spring morning.Wright-Way Rescue is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. Their mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized in the Midwest each year through an adoption program, community education, promotion of spaying and neutering, and a veterinary medicine program. They continue to save pets from rural animal control facilities where they are at a high risk of euthanasia, and instead offer them a second chance at a loving home in the Chicagoland area. Wright-Way places more dogs in adoptive homes than any other no-kill rescue in the State of Illinois on just 10% of the budget. Wright Way Rescue also suffered a tragedy last October when a school bus crashed into their facilities and destroyed their adoption center. You can read more about the incident here. They have been at a temporary facility ever since and need help rebuilding!HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Must be following me, the Color Me Rad official tumblr, and my yoga blog.
- If you have instagram, follow me at natashaxjade (reblog with your insta username if you do)
- ONE REBLOG ONLY. Like do not count either.
- TO GET EXTRA ENTRIES, donate! Here is the donation page for the Wright Way Rescue. One dollar equals one extra entry.
- I will ship internationally - check the Color Me Rad website to see if there is a race near you!
- 6 winners will be chosen! One grand prize winner that will take everything, and 5 other winners who will get a free registration to the Color Me Rad 5k near them!
- Winner will be chosen using random.org.
HERE ARE THE PRIZES!
- 6 Registrations to the Color Me Rad 5k. One will go to the grand prize winner, and 5 will go to other winners picked at random!
- Color Me Rad merch! A sweatshirt, t-shirt or tank top, shorts, headband, sunglasses, and color packets!
- Workout clothes! I will be your personal shopper, head on over to Dick’s Sporting Goods and you tell me your size, favorite colors, favorite brand and I will buy you an outfit! Top, bottom, and sports bra.
- Workout equipment (not pictured): 5 lb hand weights, jump rope, yoga block, Nike spots/workout bag, Yurbud Headphones, water bottle from Victoria’s Secret, resistance bands, workout/lifting gloves.
- Portioned food containers for meal prep.
- 1 pair of Nike Free Runs in your size.
- Fitbit Flex.
- $50 Victoria’s Secret gift card
- $50 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card
- $50 Whole Foods gift card
- 4 shirts of your choice from lookhuman.com
- 1 Lululemon yoga mat
- 2 boxes of Quest Bars in whatever flavor you prefer.
- Bootcamp plan made by yours truly.
- Shirt from the Wright Way Rescue
- More to be added/freebies to be thrown in!
This ends September 30th! So you have three full months to enter and donate! Go go go!
come on guys! we’re just $15 away from $200!